All frontline workers receive $5 off the original price of a performance.
Use the code FRONTLINE online or mention your frontline worker status when making a reservation on the phone. One discounted ticket per worker. Must be able to present proof of frontline worker status upon request.
Writers Theatre identifies anyone as a “frontline worker” from the State of Illinois’ Department of Public Heath guidelines for grouped vaccination, as well as those who are doctors, nurses, grocery store workers, delivery drivers, EMTs, ride share drivers, pharmacy workers, public transit workers, childcare workers/elderly care support.
Frontline workers who qualify for discounted streaming are:
- First Responders: Firefighters (including volunteers), Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs), 911 Dispatch (Public Safety Answering Point – PSAP), Security Personnel and School Officers. EMS personnel are previously included under Phase 1A.
- Corrections Officers: Jail Officers, Juvenile Facility Staff and Workers Providing In-Person Support.
- Food and Agriculture Workers: Processing Plants, Veterinary Health, Livestock Services, and Animal Care.
- United States Postal Service Workers
- Manufacturing Workers: Industrial production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufacturers.
- Grocery Store Workers: Baggers, Cashiers, Stockers, Pick-Up and Customer Service.
- Public Transit Workers: Flight Crew, Bus Drivers, Train Conductors, Taxi Drivers, Para-Transit Drivers, In-Person Support and Ride Sharing Service Drivers.
- Education Workers (Congregate Childcare, Pre-K through 12th grade): Teachers, Principals, Support Staff, Student Aids, Day Care Workers and Frontline Support Staff.
- Shelters/Adult Day Care: Homeless Shelter, Women's Shelter, Adult Day/Drop-In Program, Sheltered Workshop and Psycho-Social Rehab
- Government Employees: Federal, state, local, or municipal government employees not eligible under previous phases.
- Higher Education Staff: Workers in educational institutions, including junior colleges, four-year colleges and universities, technical schools, trade schools, educational support services, and administration of education programs.
- News Media: Newspaper, television, radio, and other media services.
- Food and Beverage Service Workers: Restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food (including bars) and entities that provide food services.
- Religious Leaders
- Construction Trades and Businesses Supporting Building and Infrastructure Repair
If you qualify under any of these professions, use code FRONTLINE with purchase.