ACTIVATE & Student Matinee Series
ACTIVATE is Writers Theatre's wraparound residency designed to deepen students' engagement with the art on our stages. ACTIVATE workshops take place in the school before and after students attend the performance. ACTIVATE offers opportunities for students and teachers to:
- Prepare for and extend their experience at the theatre through participatory workshops designed to investigate contextual information and the major themes in the play
- Attend an exclusive student-only matinee performance of a play in our season
- Deepen student learning through exclusive access to WT teaching artists in the classroom
- Participate in a post-show discussion with WT artists and educators
- Access comprehensive study guides that are Common Core and IL State Standards-aligned. Each study guide is created to extend student learning into the classroom by enhancing students' critical thinking skills and understanding of the art on our stages both academically and aesthetically
For more information about our residency programs and student matinees, contact EDUCATION@writerstheatre.org.