We are committed to making our Theatre accessible for everyone.
Contact our Box Office to find out how we can accommodate you or let us know how we can improve your experience. To request specific accommodations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-242-6014.
FOR PEOPLE WITH MOBILITY DIFFICULTIES
- Accessible parking spaces outside each theatre venue.
- Drop-off lane by the building's main entrance.
- Accessible entrances to each theatre venue.
- Doorbell at the main entrance to request assistance with the front doors.
- Courtesy wheelchair to assist with entering the building and theatre spaces.
- Wheelchair accessible seating. Depending on your preference, you may transfer into a theatre seat or request to have the theatre seat removed to remain in the wheelchair. When purchasing your tickets, let the Box Office know if you would like the theatre seat removed.
- Elevator access to second-level seating, Grand Gallery Walk and Stephanie and Bill Sick Rooftop Terrace and Garden.
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HARD OF HEARING
- We are pleased to offer assistive listening devices* in each of our theaters. Contact the Box Office with questions or for advance reservations. Assistive listening devices are offered free of charge; a photo ID is required as security.
- In all performance venues in the new theatre center, we have t-coil induction loop technology. For anyone with a telecoil built into their hearing aid, by switching it on, you will be able to hear our performances with additional amplification and clarity.
- We are happy to connect you with scripts of our shows to read prior to your attendance. See our Script Policy for details and instructions. Contact our box office directly for further assistance.
There will be ASL-Interpreted performances on the following dates & times:
- Vietgone on Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 7:30pm
- Witch on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 7:30pm
- Twelfth Night on Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 7:30pm
For information about attending or subscribing to these ASL-Interpreted performances, contact email@example.com or 847-242-6014.
There will be Open-Captioned performances on the following dates & times:
- Vietgone on Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 7:30pm
- Witch on Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 7:30pm
- Twelfth Night on Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 7:30pm
- Ma Rainey's Black Bottom on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 7:30pm
- A Number on Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:30pm
- Next to Normal on Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 7:30pm
For information about attending or subscribing to these Open-Captioned performances, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-242-6005.
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE BLIND/HAVE LOW VISION
Large print programs available at every performance through the Box Office.
Braille programs available by prior request through the box office. Contact our Box Office at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled performance with your request for a Braille program.
Writers Theatre accommodates seating for guests with service animals. Contact the Box Office for more information.