We are committed to making our Theatre accessible for everyone.
Contact our Box Office to find out how we can accommodate you or let us know how we can improve your experience. To request specific accommodations, email email@example.com or call 847-242-6014.
FOR PEOPLE WITH MOBILITY DIFFICULTIES
- Accessible parking spaces outside each theatre venue.
- Drop-off lane by the building's main entrance.
- Accessible entrances to each theatre venue.
- Doorbell at the main entrance to request assistance with the front doors.
- Courtesy wheelchair to assist with entering the building and theatre spaces.
- Wheelchair accessible seating. Depending on your preference, you may transfer into a theatre seat or request to have the theatre seat removed to remain in the wheelchair. When purchasing your tickets, let the Box Office know if you would like the theatre seat removed.
- Elevator access to second-level seating, Grand Gallery Walk and Stephanie and Bill Sick Rooftop Terrace and Garden.
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HARD OF HEARING
- We are pleased to offer assistive listening devices* in each of our theaters. Contact the Box Office with questions or for advance reservations. Assistive listening devices are offered free of charge; a photo ID is required as security.
- In all performance venues in the new theatre center, we have t-coil induction loop technology. For anyone with a telecoil built into their hearing aid, by switching it on, you will be able to hear our performances with additional amplification and clarity.
- We are happy to connect you with scripts of our shows to read prior to your attendance. See our Script Policy for details and instructions. Contact our box office directly for further assistance.
ASL-Interpreted performances will be offered on an as-needed basis. For information about scheduling an ASL Interpreter for your performance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-242-6014. We ask for at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled performance in order to properly prepare ASL interpreters.
There will be Open-Captioned performances on the following dates & times:
- Into the Woods on Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 3pm
- A Doll's House on Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 3pm
- The Niceties on Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 3pm
- Stick Fly on Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 3pm
- The Last Match on Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 3pm
- Mementous Mori on Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 3pm
For information about attending or subscribing to these Open-Captioned performances, contact email@example.com or 847-242-6005.
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE BLIND/HAVE LOW VISION
Large print programs available at every performance through the Box Office.
Braille programs available by prior request through the box office. Contact our Box Office at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled performance with your request for a Braille program.
Writers Theatre accommodates seating for guests with service animals. Contact the Box Office for more information.