Full-time and part-time positions available:
Location: Glencoe, IL
Salary Range: $40,000
Writers Theatre seeks an enthusiastic, independent, and attentive professional to provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) and Artist Director (AD). In addition, the Executive Assistant will be the primary contact for the Board of Trustees. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations; with strong written and verbal communication; administrative, organizational and people skills, and the ability to prioritize needs. They must be able to handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through to successful completion while at times working under pressure and handling confidential matters with discretion.
Typical work hours are 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with some evenings and weekends required throughout the year for meetings and special events.
Support for the Executive Director & Artistic Director
- Manage the ED and AD’s calendars, ensuring their schedules are handled in an efficient and professional manner. This includes scheduling meetings as well as coordinating travel logistics
- Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns identified by and/or addressed to the ED, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Reconcile the ED and AD’s monthly credit card statements
- Gather content and format the bi-weekly staff newsletter from the ED and AD
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the ED and AD with Trustees, staff, donors, and others as requested
- Schedule and facilitate the All Staff Meeting
- Additional support for the ED will include:
- Translate ED’s short and long-term goals into daily/weekly/quarterly action plans
- Keep ED informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities, ensuring appropriate follow-up
- Prepare briefing materials for the ED in preparation for meetings and travel
- Draft acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and presentations
- Coordinate annual individual Board member meetings with the ED and Managing Director, Strategy & Advancement
- Other duties as assigned
Support for the Board of Trustees
- Guide ongoing and effective communication with the Board of Trustees
- Coordinate annual calendar of Board & Committee meetings
- Create meeting timelines, prepare and distribute meeting notifications, create agenda and materials in collaboration with the ED and other staff as designated
- Facilitate all logistics for Board and Committee meetings (virtual, hybrid, and in-person)
- Create and maintain Board Manual and binder of relevant materials
- Maintain/update the Board & Staff Directory
- Coordinate orientation for new Board Members
- Record and maintain accurate minutes for Board Meetings and additional committees
- Assist with Trustee ticketing requests
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Strong interest in and passion for live theatre
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, and Zoom
- Experience working in an administrative support capacity including, scheduling, coordination of travel, and organizing meeting logistics.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, and an ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective collaborator and a willingness to work in a team environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while working at a computer, as well as move about inside the office and theatre buildings to access necessary materials and equipment.
- Must be able to exchange accurate
WT requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a term of employment.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
WT is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as promoting a safe, supportive, and collaborative work environment conducive to professional and personal growth. A successful candidate will share these values.
WT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, or veteran status.
Please find more information on our culture and specific policies at the following links:
Qualified and interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter or statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Want to help us improve our hiring process? Please include where you found this job posting when you email us your materials.