Full-time and part-time positions available:
Writers Theatre is seeking candidates for its Artistic Director. Management Consultants for the Arts is facilitating this important search, and information on the position priorities and application process can be found HERE.
Sound Board Operator
Classification: Part time; hourly
The sound board operator will work with the head of audio and the sound designer to load in and maintain the audio and video systems for the upcoming production of Tiger Style. While in performance, the board operator will be responsible for preshow system checks, running audio and video playback as called by stage management, and troubleshooting as needed.
Tech begins – 9/22/22
Final Dress – 9/28/22
1st Preview – 9/29/22
Opening – 10/7/22
Closing – week of 10/30/22
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Running pre-show system checks for performances
• Playing sound effects through QLab4 as called by stage management
• Troubleshooting system issues as needed for playback, Clear-Com, and back-stage video monitoring
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES
• Familiarity with live audio playback systems including Dante networking and QLab 4
• Ability to set up and troubleshoot Clear-Com systems
• Clear and effective communication with colleagues from a variety of theatrical backgrounds
• Strong organizational, and time management skills
• Availability to work nights and weekends regularly
• Must be able to comply with organizational COVID safety policies and procedures
WT requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a term of employment.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
WT is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as promoting a safe, supportive, and collaborative work environment conducive to professional and personal growth. A successful candidate will share these values.
WT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, or veteran status.
Please find more information on our culture and specific policies at the following links:
Qualified and interested candidates should email a resume to Amanda Hosking, Assistant Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Please include in the subject line “Sound Board Operator 2022” and in the body of the email, indicate how you learned of the position.