Full-time and part-time positions available:
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
Writers Theatre is currently seeking a customer-service-oriented Box Office Associate to join our Audience Services team. The ideal candidate should be organized, polished and hard-working with exceptional communication skills; have a love of live theatre and be able to bring a positive attitude to the workplace.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Associate will assist in the daily operations of the Box Office including processing transactions, building relationships with audience members, offering additional engagement opportunities and providing boutique-level customer service with the ultimate goal of leading the industry in maximizing the customer experience.
- Answering phone calls and email messages
- Processing ticket sales, exchanges and season subscriptions
- Working as a part of our subscription sales team
- Working as a will call agent for performances, ensuring a smooth and efficient pre-show experience
- Assist patrons with questions, accessibility needs and/or ticketing issues
- Other duties as assigned
- A combination of afternoon, evening and weekend availability is required and will be taken into serious consideration when selecting candidates
- Outgoing, accessible personality and the ability to work as part of a team
- Superior organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Professional demeanor while working under pressure with the ability to remain calm and collected in high-pressure situations
- An ideal candidate will possess previous box office experience or customer service experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Cash handling experience preferred
Part time; approximately 10 hours/week to start during training, increasing to 20-30 hours/week
Above Industry Standard; hourly wage
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email to Bryan Anderson, Interim Box Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Box Office Associate Application”. The position will be open until filled.
FRONT OF HOUSE ASSOCIATE
Reporting to the Audience Services Manager, the Front of House Associate will coordinate front of house operations during performances and specials events and will collaborate with the box office and stage management staff to maintain smooth front-facing operations and provide industry-leading customer service, with the ultimate goal of maximizing the customer experience.
- Serve as House Manager for public performances and special events
- Coordinate with box office staff on seating holds and patron information.
- Assist patrons with questions, accessibility needs and/or seating issues.
- Train and manage volunteers on a nightly basis.
- Communicate with stage management staff on nightly operations schedule (house opening, start of performance, late seating).
- If the production allows, late seat patrons after the performance begins.
- Monitor activity during performances.
- Communicate and assist with security and emergency incidents.
- Prepare House Manager and Concessions performance reports
- Operate WT Digital Signage during performances and special events, as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of Front of House areas including lobby, restrooms, concession center, and other public spaces.
- Assist Audience Services Manager with other duties, as assigned.
- Provide Bar/Concessions service for public performances and special events.
- Set up and tear down bar, including displays, concessions, and drink preparation.
- Assist patrons with concessions and drink selections, providing descriptions and suggestions
- Process payments through Square POS system.
- Prepare and deliver pre-order intermission drinks and concessions.
- Track concessions inventory and communicate restocking needs.
- Prepare and reconcile concessions sales reports.
- Ensure displays and lobby areas are clean and accessible.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Top level customer service experience required.
- Experience in theatrical operations preferred.
- Outgoing, accessible personality with the ability to speak in front of people.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor while working under pressure.
- Experience with POS systems a plus.
- Strong interest in and passion for live theatre.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- BASSET certification preferred; training will be provided to selected candidate.
- Afternoon, evening and weekend availability is required and will be taken into serious consideration when selecting candidates.
This is a part-time position; approximately 10-20 hours/week. Competitive hourly rate.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Margaret McCall, Interim Audience Services Manager at email@example.com. Please put “Front of House Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Writers Theatre seeks overhire stitchers for the 2017/18 season. Stitchers are hired on a show-by-show basis, based on the needs of each show. Please inquire for specifics, including dates.
Responsibilities typically include alterations on existing pieces under the supervision of the costume supervisor; some costume construction is possible.
Familiarity with and experience working in professional costume shops is preferred.
Competitive hourly rate.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Emily Waecker, Costume Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “FY18 Stitcher” in the subject line. No phone calls please.