The MLK Project: The Fight for Civil Rights
The MLK Project includes:
- A performance of the 45-minute play
- A post-show discussion where students are encouraged to explore the contemporary relevance of the Civil Rights Movement in their community
- A comprehensive Study Guide full of social studies activities, historical information, lesson plans, writing assignments and discussion questions—all of which adhere to the Common Core and Illinois State Learning Standards
- The MLK Project tours to schools each year in January and February. The tour has a limited number of performances so book yours today.
- The MLK Project is appropriate for students in grades 5-12.
- The running time is approximately 60 minutes, including the post-show discussion.
- Performance requirements are minimal.
- The cost of the performance is calculated on a sliding scale based on the number of students on the free or reduced lunch program. Please contact Kelsey Chigas at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
“The acting was phenomenal. My classmates and I really enjoyed how you put acting and education together. I was able to feel how it must’ve been for African Americans back then because of all the detail you were able to put in the performance… our thank you ends here but the knowledge you have given us will last forever.” – Student, Jane Addams Elementary