Candidate must demonstrate a positive and collaborative approach to problem-solving and be able to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Candidate will work directly with the Production Managers, Stage Managers, Directors, and Designers to facilitate the technical needs of the production. Candidate will help devise and execute elements of scenic construction/work-notes in a timely manner. Candidate will maintain open communication between Production Manager and Designer on feasibility of notes and time line for completion.
- Participate in production meetings as needed.
- Oversee and assist in load-in, show, and strike.
- Work with the production manager to maintain the facility appearance and function.
- Maintain all safety and fire code regulations of the backstage area.
- Correspond with Shop on progress of construction.
- Be available as required by Production Manager during tech and rehearsal hours.
- Must be able to squat, climb, crawl, kneel, walk, push/pull, and handle objects. Must be able to carry or lift loads over 50 lbs. Must be able to work at varying heights.
- Strong knowledge of scenic construction techniques and carpentry skills, including theatrical rigging and basic prop carpentry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate machinery including but not limited to: general carpentry shop tools, chop saw, jig saw, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide variety of scenic materials including steel, plastic, wood, and fabric.
- Demonstrated proficiency in VectorWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Strong judgment and management skills to prioritize multiple tasks while paying attention to detail.
- Must be able work both independently and as part of a coordinated team.
Full time, beginning with probationary period on per show basis
TBD Based on Experience
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY please.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.